Prayagraj: Setu Corporation will give 45 crores to Army for runway extension

Network, Prayagraj

Published by: Vinod Singh
Updated Thursday, July 29, 2021 9:23 PM IST

Helicopter lands on the Dhanipur runway.
– Photo:

For the NOC of the Begum Bazar-Bhagwatpur Railway Over Bridge (ROB) the Uttar Pradesh State Setu Construction Corporation will give Rs 45 crore for the runway extension. The runway will be extended to up to 350 meters on the ROB side. To cover the cost of extending the runway, State Bridge Corporation has submitted a proposal to the Department of Defense to pay the required amount. After that, the army basically agreed to issue NOC.The construction of this ROB without a NOC during the Kumbh-2019 was viewed by the army as a violation of the legal requirements. Then the Air Force banned construction, saying this ROB would pose a threat to aerospace safety. At the same time, this ROB will pose a risk to the safety of all types of civil and military aircraft flights. This ROB has been incomplete since then.

After several rounds of talks and meetings at the highest level, an agreement has now been reached between the army and the state government to resolve the impasse. The runway is now being extended by 350 meters. State Bridge Construction Corporation bears the costs for this. An official said anonymously that the way was paved for NOC after sending a proposal.

Upon receipt of the NOC, the remaining 10 percent of that ROB’s work will be completed. It is noteworthy that the construction of the 742-meter-long Begum Bazar ROB, which was unfinished for two and a half years, can now be completed due to the non-maintenance of the NOC following the objection of the army. During the Kumbh, the Begum Bazar ROB was built without the Air Force NOC.

When the Air Force learned during this time that this ROB near the runway could interfere with flights, construction was discontinued. During the Kumbh this ROB was built for Rs 38 crore. Then the high-level committee of the state government led by the Secretary General held several rounds of talks with the Ministry of Defense, which could not be resolved.

Defense Minister for NOC. assured

Prayagraj. Defense Minister Rajnath Singh has promised to resolve the impasse regarding Begum Bazar-Bhagwatpur ROB. In a letter to MP Keshari Devi Patel, the Defense Minister said that a solution was found at the third meeting between the Indian Air Force and the UP government. It is considered necessary to extend the runway on the ROB side to 350 meters. For this, the state government must provide a plot of land 350 meters long and 65 meters wide. For this purpose, a meeting with the DM was requested from the Air Force so that a solution can be found.MP Keshari Devi recently met the Secretary of Defense and requested to get NOC for this ROB. The MP said that the Defense Minister had promised a speedy solution to this problem.

extension

For the NOC of the Begum Bazar-Bhagwatpur Railway Over Bridge (ROB) the Uttar Pradesh State Setu Construction Corporation will give Rs 45 crore for the runway extension. The runway will be extended to up to 350 meters on the ROB side. To cover the cost of extending the runway, State Bridge Corporation has submitted a proposal to the Department of Defense to pay the required amount. After that, the army basically agreed to issue NOC.

The construction of this ROB without a NOC during the Kumbh-2019 was viewed by the army as a violation of the legal requirements. Then the Air Force banned construction, saying this ROB would pose a threat to aerospace safety. At the same time, this ROB will pose a risk to the safety of all types of civil and military aircraft flights. This ROB has been incomplete since then.

After several rounds of talks and meetings at the highest level, an agreement has now been reached between the army and the state government to resolve the impasse. The runway is now being extended by 350 meters. State Bridge Construction Corporation bears the costs for this. When asked for anonymity, an official said that after submitting a corresponding proposal, the way for the NOC had now been paved.

Upon receipt of the NOC, the remaining 10 percent of that ROB’s work will be completed. It is noteworthy that the construction of the 742-meter-long Begum Bazar ROB, which was unfinished for two and a half years, can now be completed due to the non-maintenance of the NOC following the objection of the army. During the Kumbh, the Begum Bazar ROB was built without the Air Force NOC.

When the Air Force learned during this time that this ROB near the runway could interfere with flights, construction was discontinued. During the Kumbh this ROB was built for Rs 38 crore. Then the high-level committee of the state government led by the Secretary General held several rounds of talks with the Ministry of Defense, which could not be resolved.

Defense Minister for NOC. assured

Prayagraj. Defense Minister Rajnath Singh has promised to resolve the impasse regarding Begum Bazar-Bhagwatpur ROB. In a letter to MP Keshari Devi Patel, the Defense Minister said that a solution was found at the third meeting between the Indian Air Force and the UP government. It is considered necessary to extend the runway on the ROB side to 350 meters. For this, the state government must provide a plot of land 350 meters long and 65 meters wide. For this purpose, a meeting with the DM was requested from the Air Force so that a solution can be found.

MP Keshari Devi recently met the Secretary of Defense and requested to get NOC for this ROB. The MP said that the Defense Minister had promised a speedy solution to this problem.

    .

( News Source – )

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply