The International Monetary Fund has lauded the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana, which has prevented the rising spread of extreme poverty in India during the COVID-19 pandemic.
current affairs in short
ADB projects India’s economic growth rate at 7.5% for 2022-23
- The Asian Development Bank has said that the Indian economy is projected to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2022-23 and will further accelerate to 8% in 2023-24.
- According to the Asian Development Outlook 2022, economic growth in the coming years will be supported by increased public investment in infrastructure and rapid private investment.
- ADB Country Director for India Takeo Konishi said the country is on a sustained economic recovery thanks to a nationwide campaign to deliver safe and comprehensive COVID-19 vaccination.
- Government of India’s policy to improve logistics infrastructure, measures to improve farmers’ income, and incentives to facilitate industrial production will support the country’s recovery.
International Monetary Fund praised the Prime Minister’s Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana
- The International Monetary Fund has lauded the food subsidy program in India that prevented the spread of extreme poverty in India during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The IMF said in a report that the expansion of food transfers and subsidies has made it an important tool for poverty alleviation.
- The report praised the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, demonstrating that the program provided insurance to the poor and prevented the increase in extreme poverty.
- The social safety net provided by the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana absorbed a large part of the shock of the pandemic.
Probe against Indian Olympic Association chief Narinder Batra
- The Central Bureau of Investigation has registered a preliminary inquiry against Indian Olympic Association President Narinder Batra and some other unidentified officials of Hockey India.
- In the complaint against Narinder Batra it has been alleged that around Rs. Hockey India’s 35 lakh funds have been spent on Batra’s personal gains.
- Narinder Batra, who also heads the International Hockey Federation, will soon be called for questioning over the allegations against him.
Defense Minister to release third positive indigenization list of key equipment on 7th April
- Defense Minister Rajnath Singh, in another major step to achieve Atmanirbhar Bharat, will release the third positive indigenization list on 7 April.
- The third list will include major equipment or platforms, which are to be fully indigenous by December 2025.
- The third list is built on the first list of 101 items and the second list of 108 items which were promulgated on August 21, 2020 and May 31, 2021.
- The third list will include over 100 items including complex equipment and systems that are being developed and are likely to translate into a firmer order over the next 5 years.
Education Ministry initiates process to ensure early launch of Digital University
- The Ministry of Education in consultation with the University Grants Commission, All India Council for Technical Education as well as other stakeholders has initiated the process to ensure early launch of Digital University in India.
- The central government had announced the establishment of the university in the Union Budget of 2022-23.
- The Digital University will provide students across the country access to world class quality universal education.
- The university hub-building will be built on a network hub-spoke model with state-of-the-art ICT expertise.
Take weekly tests on the app and compete with others to prepare for the exam. Download Current Affairs & GK App
With tests and insertions on the app for exam preparation Download Affairs App
work up to one lakh and
|UttarPradeshLive.Com Home||Click here|